Every bunny needs a hidey-hole. Our brand new BUNNY HUTCH gingerbread house is the perfect weekend activity to get in the Easter spirit. Everything you need to build and decorate the house is included. What Easter bunny wouldn’t love this adorable spring sprinkle shack?!
For extra goodies, take a look at our Easter Collection!
Let's Get Started:
- Step 1: Place the royal icing mix into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (an electric hand mixer will work too). Add 3 tablespoons of water and mix on low until the icing is smooth. Add additional water, a teaspoon at a time, as necessary to reach the desired consistency if needed.
**Note that you want a fairly stiff royal icing consistency to hold the hutch in place.
- Step 2: Cut the tip of one piping bag and place a piping tip into it. Fill the bag with royal icing.
**(Helpful hint: keep the piping bag covered in a damp towel so the royal icing doesn’t crust at the end causing a plug.)
- Step 3: Let’s get creative! Decorate the walls and roof pieces prior to assembly. This allows for max creativity with your desired hutch design! Start by roughly piping along the roof lines. No need to be precise. Move quickly so you can apply the sprinkles before the icing starts to crust. Cover the top of the roof in sprinkles and gently press them into the icing. Tap off the excess into a bowl. Repeat for the other roof panel.
- Step 4: Decorate the front and back panels next. Trace the circle on top with royal icing and cover with sprinkles. Again, with the royal icing, outline the roof and windows. Cover with sprinkles if desired.
- Step 5: Bunny hutch walls are next! Trace the windows with royal icing and then add extra icing at the bottom of the windows and coat in sprinkles to make a “flower box.”
- Step 6: Here’s the hard part as it requires a bit of patience. Allow these decorated pieces to sit and air dry for approximately 30 minutes. This gives the royal icing time to dry and harden into place.
- Step 7: House construction begins! begin by assembling the base pieces first.
Using a generous amount of royal icing, connect the side panels to the front and back panels.
**(Helpful hint: hold each piece firmly in place for 10-15 seconds before moving on to the next piece. You could also use a can or heavy glass/cup to hold the base panels in place.)
- Allow this base to set and dry for 5-10 minutes!
- Step 8: Raise the roof!
Apply the roof panels with a generous amount of royal icing and firmly hold them in place for a minute. If you notice them slipping when you remove your hands, gently slide them back into place, and again, hold for a minute or two.
- Step 9: Pipe a line of royal icing along the roof seam and apply the jelly beans.
- Step 10: The finishing touches!
- Now that you have the hutch decorated and assembled you are ready to get as creative as you desire with the finishing touches. Apply the edible grass around the house with royal icing, attach the adorable little bunny pieces around the house, and decorate with extra sprinkles and jelly beans. There are no rules. Get as creative and have as much fun as you want!
There you have it! Who knew you were such a talented carpenter. This Bunny Hutch is ready to roll and just in time for Easter. Hope you had as much fun as we did!
- We would absolutely love to see your house creations. Give us a tag @sprinklepop.shop
Shop The Recipe
Bunny Hutch Gingerbread House Kit
Sprinkle Pop's Bunny Hutch Gingerbread House Decorating Kit is Easter in a box! It comes with everything you need to make a show-stopping gingerbread house. It's one heck of a good time with friends and family. Grab yours today while supplies… read more