I love sugar. It's no secret. There is not a sugary baked good or treat that I will turn my nose up at. But...in the name of balance and health I do sometimes get creative and switch up my beloved sugar for some protein-packed treats that are a bit friendlier to my waistline. These fun and totally tasty sprinkled cake batter protein bars fit the bill and hit that sweet spot too.
Cake Batter Protein Bars
2 cups puffed rice or rice crispy cereal
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
6 tbsp. natural nut butter
1/3 cup honey or agave syrup
2 tsp. vanilla etxract
1. Spray and parchment line a 8x8 inch baking pan.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a small pot over medium low heat melt the nut butter, honey or agave syrup, and vanilla etxract.
4. Pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Add the sprinkles and gently mix until just combined.
6. Dump into the prepared pan and very firmly press the mixture down into the pan.
7. Allow to cool and set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
8. Slice into16 squares. Enjoy!