Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter, salted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can store-bought vanilla buttercream
Optional: yellow food colour
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a large cookie tray with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
4. Add in the baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
5. Mix in all the dry ingredients until combined and a dough forms.
6. With a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop and drop cookie dough on parchment lined sheet approx 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or util the edges or lightly golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the pan and remove to a cooling rack to fully cool.
8. Add a small drop of yellow food colour to the store-bought buttercream and fully mix.
9. Prepare an icing bag with a Wilton 1M icing tip and fill the bag with pre-made vanilla buttercream.
10. Pipe a simple rosette on each fully cooled cookie and dip each rosette end into Sprinkle Pop “Candy Corn”