Nothing says Happy New Year quite like a glass of bubbly. With the doozy of 2020 I think we are all due to "double-down” this New Year and celebrate with not just a glass of champagne but a fun festive champagne-filled dessert, too! This layered Champagne Coconut Panna Cotta is a real show-stopper and is far easier than it looks. So pop that cork and let’s celebrate sprinkle-style!
Servings: 4 champagne flutes or 2 large red wine glasses
1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
2 tsp gelatine
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
2 1/2 tsp gelatine
1/8 cup sugar
Sprinkle Pop “Black & Gold” sprinkles
1. Pour the milk into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Set aside while you prepare the Panna Cotta.
2. In a small pot, heat the cream and coconut extract over medium heat until bubbles start to form around the edge. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the gelatine mixture and the sugar into the pot and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
4. If you want the Panna Cotta to be angled in the glass, place the glass in a cupcake tray or a small bowl at the desired angle. A tea towel can help hold it in place.
5. Very gently and carefully pour the Panna Cotta into each serving glass and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
1. Pour 1/4 cup of the champagne or sparkling wine into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over top. Set aside.
2. In a small pot combine the remaining champagne or sparkling wine and sugar and heat over low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
3. Pour in the gelatine mixture and whisk together gently over low heat until the gelatine is fully dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Gently pour the champagne jello mixture into each glass over the Panna Cotta layer and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Serve with festive NYE sprinkles. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Days of Joy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.