What says love better than funfetti chocolate chip cookie dough? I honestly can't think of anything happier! This dough is perfectly safe to eat on its own, but you'll especially love it dipped in chocolate and topped with even more festive Valentine's sprinkles.
Yields: 20 truffles (depending on size of cutter)
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooling Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown soft sugar
- 1 cup heat treated all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup First Crush sprinkles
- Mini heart shaped cookie cutter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable/coconut oil
How to heat treat flour:
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 170°C
- Pour all-purpose flour onto an ovenproof non-stick tray and spread out
- Place in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, stirring in between to ensure all the different spots of flour are heated
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before using
TIP: Heat treat more flour than you need and keep in an airtight container for your next batch of cookie dough!
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix on medium speed using a hand-held or stand mixer, until light and fluffy
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and sieve the flour and salt in before mixing on low speed
- Add the milk and vanilla extract then mix on low speed to combine. Use more milk if you want a softer consistency, depending on how you are using the dough!
- Finish by mixing in the chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of the sprinkles until combined
- Line a large tray with baking paper, and place the cookie dough on top flattening into a rectangle around ¾ inch high
- Place the tray in the fridge for 1 hour for the cookie dough to set firm
- Use a mini heart shaped cutter to cut truffles from the set cookie dough, and place onto another lined tray. Continue until you have used all of the dough or leave the last portion to the side to enjoy as a scoop on its own!
- Place the tray in the freezer for 30 mins for the truffles to set firm
- Melt the dark chocolate and vegetable oil in a heatproof bowl in 30 second bursts in the microwave, until almost melted, then stir to combine
Use a fork to dip each frozen truffle into the melted chocolate, then sprinkle over more First Crush sprinkles and place back onto the lined tray to set. Repeat until all truffles are coated and enjoy!