White winter wonderland sprinkles plus chocolate peppermint brownies equals a festive Christmas treat that will have everyone asking for more! I don’t know about you, but a rich fudgy brownie has my heart. Throw on some peppermint frosting and a splash of sprinkles and I’m the happiest elf in Santa’s workshop. These Chocolate Peppermint Brownies will have you throwing out your boxed brownie mix and making these on repeat this holiday season.
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tsp espresso powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
Peppermint Frosting Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/4 tsp salt
Sprinkle Pop “Winter Wonderland” sprinkles
Chocolate Brownie Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray and parchment line an 8x8 baking pan.
2. Heat the butter, chocolate chips, espresso powder, and cocoa powder over medium heat until fully smelted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer whip the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract on medium speed for 5-10 until the colour has lightened and it is fluffy.
4. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and gently fold together with a spatula.
5. Sift in the cornstarch and salt and gently fold together until fully combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 23-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out of the center with a bit of batter.
7. Allow to fully cool in the pan before frosting.
Peppermint Frosting Instructions:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter on high until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the icing sugar, salt, milk, and peppermint extract and mix on low until combined.
3. Turn the mixer up to high and beat until fluffy.
4. Frost the fully cooled brownies and top with sprinkles. Enjoy!