By: Jamie of Sweet Confetti
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 6 c. Mini Marshmallows
- 6 c. Rice Krispie Cereal
- 20 g. Freeze Dried Strawberries (crushed into small pieces)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Paper Straws
- Heart Marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on low medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add in mini marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are completely melted through.
- Remove from heat.
- Optional: If you'd like your treats to be a bit more red, now would be the time to add in a couple of drops of red food coloring.
- Add in Rice Krispie cereal and freeze dried strawberries and mix until combined.
- Grease a 9x9" pan and line with parchment paper. Lightly grease parchment paper.
- Pour strawberry Rice Krispie mixture into the pan and press down so they are in one even layer.
- Allow the strawberry Rice Krispie to cool and set for approximately 1 hour.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and using a heart cookie cutter, cut out heart shaped strawberry Rice Krispie treats.
- Cut paper straws into 1.5" pieces. Insert one straw into top right of heart and one straw into bottom left, forming a diagonal "arrow" through the heart.
- Place one heart marshmallow through the top straw, representing the arrow head.
- Take another marshmallow heart, and cut tops of heart on a diagonal to form the bottom piece of the arrow and insert on the end of the bottom straw.
- Melt dark chocolate and generously drizzle on top of the treat.
- Garnished with sprinkles.
- Allow to set and enjoy!