Created by: Jamie Dinardi-Dill of Sweet Confetti
- Box of Brownie Mix (and everything to make the brownies according to the instructions on the box)
- 1/4 c Chocolate Syrup
- Bag of Caramel Squares (11 oz)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Cakesicle Mold (optional)
- Melted Chocolate
- Make brownies according to the instructions on the box. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, crumble brownies into small pieces.
- Mix in chocolate syrup until well incorporated to form a truffle mixture.
- Unwrap caramel squares and in a small pan melt caramels according to the directions on the back of the bag. Once melted, stir in sea salt.
- Pour into a separate bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Time to assemble your truffles! There are a couple of options:
- You can create brownie truffle balls with the caramel inside. Scoop about 1.5 tbsp of your truffle mixture into your hands, roll a smaller scoop of the cooled caramel and place it in center of truffle ball. Make sure caramel is covered with truffle mixture so that the caramel is in the center of the ball. Smooth out truffle ball by rolling in the palms of your hands. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes to set before dipping in chocolate.
- You can also make brownie truffle-sicles by using a cakesicle mold. Press truffle mixture into bottom of mold, placing cooled caramel in center and covering with more truffle mixture so that caramel is completely covered. Insert popsicle stick into each mold. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes to set before dipping in chocolate.
- Take truffles out of the fridge and while they are still chilled, dip in melted chocolate.
- While chocolate is still wet, apply your choice of sprinkles.
- Allow to dry and enjoy!