The holidays are a time of festive cheer. Of family. Of friends. Of gathering together and celebrating. As wonderful as that is, I do find that I’m often short on time. Meaning I have things to do, places to be, and with little to no time left to whip up a festive dessert. This Gingerbread Trifle is the perfect answer to your “no-time” sweet treat. It whips up quick and will wow your Christmas crew with all the pretty sprinkled layers.
Gingerbread Trifle Recipe:
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 c fancy molasses
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. clove
1 prepared package of dream whip topping (prepare according to instructions)
1 box (180g.) vanilla wafers, cut in half
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the milk, fancy molasses, instant vanilla pudding mix, ginger, cinnamon, and clove and mix on medium for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and firm up in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2. In a trifle bowl place 1/3 of the vanilla wafers in the bottom and generously sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
3. Add 1/3 the whipped topping and spread evenly.
4. Add 1/3 the gingerbread pudding and spread evenly.
5. Repeat until ingredients are done or the trifle bowl is full.
6. Top with remaining vanilla wafers and sprinkles. Enjoy!