- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heat treated all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Candy Cane Flavored Sprinkles
How to heat treat flour:
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 170°C
- Pour all-purpose flour onto an ovenproof non-stick tray
- Place in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, stirring in between to ensure all the different spots of flour are heated
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before using
TIP: Heat treat more flour than you need and keep in an airtight container for your next batch of cookie dough!
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix on medium speed using a hand-held mixer, until light and fluffy
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and sieve the flour and salt in before mixing on low speed
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract then mix on low speed to combine. Use more milk if you want a softer consistency, depending on how you are using the dough!
- Finish by adding the white chocolate chips and 2-3 tbsp of the sprinkles and mixing by hand until combined
- Enjoy a scoop on its own with more sprinkles on top or make a truffle or cakesicle and dip in more white chocolate!