Pink Rocky Road Spider Web Cakesicles by Jaina Patel of Cocoa and Silk
Cake pops are so 2018. Cakesicles are the “it” girl of 2019. Half spooky, half cute, these Rocky Road Spider Web Cakesicles are a Halloween treat that any Goblin will be sure to gobble up.
In a saucepan melt the chocolate, butter, Biscoff spread, and golden syrup until smooth. It’s hot though so try not to lick the spatula right now. Put the Lotus Biscoff cookies into a Ziploc bag and give it a light crush until there’s a mix of crumbs and larger cookie pieces. Add these crumbs and pieces to the cooled mixture with ½ cup of mini marshmallows. Mix this batch of deliciousness up and spoon into popsicle moulds. Place the popsicle sticks, give it a quick bang on the counter to fill in any gaps, and freeze for 30 minutes.
In a large microwave safe bowl melt the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals giving it a quick stir after each burst. Add in the oil for the last 30 second microwave stint and give it a stir with the pink gel food colouring until incorporated. It should be silky smooth. Pour the melted, now pink, white chocolate into a tall glass and dip each cakesicle into the chocolate. Give each cakesicle a little shake (gentle…don’t make them dizzy) to help get any excess chocolate off. Place them on a greaseproof paper lined tray and let set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Time for the magic. Melt ½ cup of mini marshmallows for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and then let cool for a few minutes. With a pair of gloves on (trust me about this) pull the warm marshmallow to resemble spider webs and wrap around each cakesicle. Here’s the trick…work quickly! This gets sticky in a jiffy. Grab Sprinkle Pop’s “Black Gold” mix and glam up these Rocky Road Spider Web Cakesicles. Feeling artistic? Make a spider out of a large and small round ball and a few jimmies for legs. Bet you didn’t know you were such a marvelous spider mastermind. There you have it! Some seriously spooky Pink Rocky Road Spider Web cakesicles.
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup lotus biscoff crunchy spread
2tbsp golden syrup
1 cup lotus biscoff biscuits/cookies
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
2 cups white chocolate chips
1tbsp veg oil
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate, butter, biscoff spread, and golden syrup until smooth. Leave to cool
- Place lotus biscoff biscuits/cookies into a ziploc bag and lightly crush until you have mix of crumbs and larger pieces
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, add the crushed cookies and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and mix
- Spoon the mix into popsicle moulds, insert the popsicle stick, and lightly bang against the counter to fill all the gaps
- Freeze for 30 mins
- In a large bowl melt the white chocolate chips in 30 second bursts in the microwave, and add the oil in the last 30 seconds then stir
- Put the white chocolate into a tall glass, before removing each popsicle mould from the freezer and dipping into the chocolate
- Shake excess chocolate and place on greaseproof paper
- Leave to set in fridge for 30 mins
- Melt 1/2 cup mini marshmallows for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and leave to cool for a few mins
- Using gloves, pull the warm marshmallow to resemble spider webs and wrap round each popsicle. Work quickly, it gets sticky!
- Sprinkle with the Black Gold mix and make a spider if desired with the larger and smaller round balls, and the jimmies