Simple Sprinkle Pie Pops by Kara with The Daily Yay
It's no secret that this time of year is a popular time for pies! Out of all the delicious desserts that are around this season, sweet potato and apple pies are my all time fav (with sweet potato taking the lead)! So it's always fun to actually put a spin on a traditional Thanksgiving dessert...in steps pie pops!
So easy, so fun, and so festive!
These little tasty treats are perfect for on the go! They'd be great to take to Friendsgiving, classroom parties, or even to the big meal itself...Thanksgiving! Oh, and they make a pretty great little gift! Think neighbors, teachers, mail delivery personnel or even coworkers. So with that being said, I wanted to make them kind of simple. This time of year is always so busy so a quick and easy desserts always works out!
I used store bought pie crust, as well as pie filling from the grocery store, both apple and sweet potato. The crust is already rolled out I just used circular cookie cutters to make it easier to make the mini pies. If you don't have a circular cookie cutter you can use a knife and cut circles out of the dough. I found these mini pie presses at Home Goods. They came in a pack of 2 for only $3.99! These are heart and flower shaped ones that are tiny and perfect for making pops with! You don't have to have pie presses to make these though! Those circles can be your pops, once you add the filling you place another circle on top and then press the edges with a fork.
I added a little sugar, cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg to the sweet potato filling and a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the apple to give it a little more flavor.
FYI: The sticks are safe to place in the oven.
After they're all put together you pop them in the oven for 20-22 minutes, they should be golden brown and smelling delicious!
To make them extra festive, add sprinkles to them after they have cooled! I used the most perfect mix for Thanksgiving season #blessed from Sprinkle Pop! I know I might've said this before but I promise this my absolute favorite mix that they carry!
Store bought pie crust
Canned pie filling of your choice
Cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg (optional)
Sprinkle Pop sprinkles
Circular cookie cutter (optional)
Pie press (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Unroll the dough and use cookie cutter (or knife) to cut circles.
3. If you choose to add extra spices to your filling, add them and mix.
4. If you are using a mini press, press one of the circles of dough into the press and scoop a small amount of filling in. Place another circle into the other half of the mold and press together removing the excess crust before opening. Remove from press and insert stick with mini pie laying on the cookie sheet.
5. If you are not using a press, scoop some filling into the middle of your circle, place a stick in the middle, and then place another circle on top and press edges together with a fork.
6. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. To add sprinkles, use some of the filling and spread it on top the pop with your finger and the sprinkle with festive sprinkles.