I don’t know about you, but I’m in full-swing Christmas decorating mode! Garlands, wreaths, cute Christmas signs. But the centerpiece of Christmas? Bedecked and bedazzled with shiny sparkly ornaments, it's the Christmas tree that brings the most joy! And much like how Christmas ornaments light up the tree, these Christmas Sugar Cookie “Ornament” truffles will surely light up your sweet tooth. So incredibly cute and festive, you may just be tempted to hang them up for display, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 c Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 c Flour
- 3 tbsp Whole Milk
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Mold
- Lollipop Sticks
- Candy Melts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread flour out on baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes (eliminates the risk of any bacteria in the flour).
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add in treated flour and mix until combined. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Slowly add in milk and allow mixture to form a dough.
- Using a chocolate covered Oreo mold, press 2 tbsp portions of truffle mixture into cavities (you can also shape by hand if you don't have the oreo mold).
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove truffle "discs" from mold.
- Insert lollipop sticks into bottom of truffles.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt candy melts and place in a narrow bowl.
- Dip truffle pop into candy melts and garnish with sprinkles.
- Finish by placing rolo on top of your pop.
- Allow to dry & enjoy!