Has anyone else been craving a thick and gooey chocolate chip cookie? We definitely have! This chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is thicker than your average cookie cake and it is absolutely delicious. We gave ours the perfect finishing touch with our Stupid Cupid Sprinkles and Valentine’s Gnomes!
Cookie Cake Ingredients:
1 cup of softened unsalted butter
1½ cups of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
2 bars of any bakers chocolate chopped
Red Icing Ingredients:
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons of milk
Red gel food coloring
Stupid Cupid Sprinkle Mix
Your Favorite Valentine’s Royal Icing Pieces (we choose our gnomes!)
For the Cookie Cake:
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
- Cream Butter and Sugar: In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla: Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add Chocolate: Fold in the chocolate chunks or your choice of mix-ins.
- Put mixture in your pan: Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake: Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. The center will still be soft. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
For the Red Icing:
Combine Ingredients: In a bowl, beat together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk until smooth. Add the red food coloring and mix until you get the desired color.
- Once the cookie cake is completely cooled, put your icing in a piping bag with a star tip and pipe around the edges.
- Sprinkle the Stupid Cupid Mix on your iced edges.
- Place your gnomes by carefully pressing them into the icing one by one.
Cut into pie shaped slices and enjoy!
Tag us if you try out this recipe!
Facebook: Sprinkle Pop