This Valentine’s Day, add a new dessert to your menu that is bound to become a yearly favorite! These chocolate-covered strawberry cupcakes feature a red velvet base, iced with a simple but delicious buttercream frosting, and are topped with beautiful pink and white chocolate-covered strawberries. And of course, for the perfect finishing touch, each cupcake is sprinkled with our fan-favorite Stupid Cupid sprinkle mix.
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
For the Strawberries:
Sprinkle Pop Stupid Cupid sprinkle mix
2 boxes of strawberries
16 oz white baker's chocolate or melting chocolate
Pink gel food coloring
For the Cupcakes:
1 box of Duncan Hines red velvet cake mix
1 cup buttermilk
1 melted stick of butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract (for cupcakes)
For the Frosting:
2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract (for frosting)
½ tsp salt
7 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Clean and dry your strawberries.
- Melt plain white baking chocolate and pink-colored white chocolate separately in the microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Create swirls in the white chocolate bowl with a toothpick by pouring a small amount of pink white chocolate.
- Individually dip strawberries into the mixture, twisting them as you pull them out for a detailed swirl design.
- Place strawberries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- While slightly damp, sprinkle them with the Stupid Cupid sprinkle mix and let them dry as you prepare your cupcakes.
- Pour the red velvet cake mix into a bowl.
- Add buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract; mix until completely incorporated.
- Fill cupcake liners with the mixture and follow the baking instructions on the box.
- Set cupcakes aside to cool while preparing the frosting.
- Mix unsalted butter on medium speed using a standing mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer for about 30 seconds.
- On a lower speed, add vanilla extract and salt.
- Gradually add powdered sugar while mixing on the lowest setting.
- Pour in heavy cream or milk once half of the powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Continue mixing on low until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Slowly add pink gel food coloring in small amounts to achieve a light pink frosting.
- Store any extra frosting in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, use a star nozzle piping bag to frost each cupcake in a circular motion.
- Sprinkle each frosted cupcake with the Stupid Cupid mix.
- Gently place a chocolate-covered strawberry on each cupcake, repeating for all cupcakes.
- Enjoy the delightful combination of chocolate-covered strawberries, pink frosting, and Stupid Cupid sprinkles in every blissful bite! 💘🍓🧁✨