Egg Nog Cake Recipe
- 1 box of Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (or additional 1/2 cup Whole Milk if omitting Bourbon)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Melted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to the temperature as directed on the cake mix box.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the white cake mix, whole milk, bourbon (or additional whole milk), melted butter, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into cupcake liners or a prepared cake pan according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Bake the cake as directed on the mix box. If making cupcakes, adjust the baking time accordingly.
Cinnamon Vanilla Cream Cheese frosting
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz Softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the unsalted butter, softened cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Beat the mixture on high for about 3 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar, continuing to mix until thoroughly combined and reaching a smooth, spreadable consistency.
Enjoy your Eggnog Cake with the prepared Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream as a delightful frosting. Adjust the Bourbon content or milk according to your preference for a delightful holiday treat!